About the Hall Of Fame
The Australian BMX Hall Of Fame recognises champions and legends of our sport. There are three categories for Inductees:
An awards ceremony will be held annually with an Awards night dinner. Successful Hall Of Fame Inductees will receive domestic travel and accommodation to attend the awards night, and be Officially Inducted at the awards ceremony.
All Nominees regardless of category are considered on merit. Historical results, personal profile, and achievements form the basis for background checking Nominees, who are then put forward to the Australian BMX Hall Of Fame Advisory Board members. This Advisory Board then acts as a Selection Committee to determine worthy inductees based on strict criteria. Nominees will be considered in no particular ranking, and all will be considered on merit.
Members of the public are invited to submit nominations for the following year by the closing deadline of October 30th. Nominations must be made using the Nomination Form and include detailed justification.Complete forms can be sent via email or post.
***NOMINATIONS FOR 2018 HALL OF FAME ARE NOW CLOSED. ALL NOMINATIONS RECEIVED FROM NOW WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR 2019***
Post form to: Australian BMX Hall Of Fame, PO BOX 63, Warrandyte, VIC. 3113
When considering Hall Of Fame Nominations, the Advisory Board/Selection Committee will consider potential Inductees based on the following criteria:
- Nominee MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Nominee is recognised as an influential figure in the sport of BMX
- Has achievements at State, National or International level such as World Championships
- Has raised the profile of the sport of BMX in Australia through media, sponsorship, promotion or endorsements, innovation or office
- Is held in high regard on a personal level, with attributes including character, leadership, sportsmanship and integrity.
- In the case of Rider category: Nominees are considered based on their results in the sport, and in the case of pioneers (pre-1981) riders are assessed on their impact and profile within the sport.
The Australian BMX Hall Of Fame is managed by the Australian BMX Museum. The Museum is the caretaker of the Hall Of Fame Exhibition currently in the planning stages with key stakeholders. The Australian BMX Museum will feature select displays of historical items from Hall Of Fame Inductees including:
- Multimedia - videos, images
Where required, replicas of important memorabilia will be created when originals no longer exist. An Official physical location for the Australian BMX Museum and Hall Of Fame is still under investigation. Until then, a mobile (pop-up) exhibition will feature each year at select events when opportunities arise.