About the Hall Of Fame
The Australian BMX Hall Of Fame recognises champions and legends of our sport. There are three categories for Inductees:
An awards ceremony will be held annually with an Awards night dinner. Successful Hall Of Fame Inductees will receive domestic travel and accommodation to attend the awards night, and be Officially Inducted at the awards ceremony.
**Please Note** Due to Current COVID19 restrictions there will be NO Hall Of Fame Ceremony in 2020. We look forward to presenting our next crop of Inductees in 2021.
All Nominees regardless of category are considered on merit. Historical results, personal profile, and achievements form the basis for background checking Nominees, who are then put forward to the Australian BMX Hall Of Fame Advisory Board members. This Advisory Board then acts as a Selection Committee to determine worthy inductees based on strict criteria. Nominees will be considered in no particular ranking, and all will be considered on merit. Once a nomination has been received for a person there is no need to re-nominate if unsuccessful. Each nomination carries over into subsequent years for consideration. Additional information for non-successful applications is welcome at any time.
Members of the public are invited to submit nominations for the following year by the closing deadline of October 30th. Nominations must be made using the Nomination Form and include detailed justification.Complete forms (with attachments if required) can be sent via email or post.In the event of a lack of suitable public nominations in a given year, the Board, at its discretion, may put forward candidates for consideration by the board members.
***NOMINATIONS FOR 2022 ARE NOW OPEN - NOMINATIONS CLOSE OCTOBER 30TH, 2021***
Post form to: Australian BMX Hall Of Fame, PO BOX 63, Warrandyte, VIC. 3113
When considering Hall Of Fame Nominations, the Advisory Board/Selection Committee will consider potential Inductees based on the following criteria:
- Nominee MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Nominee is recognised as an influential figure in the sport of BMX
- Has achievements at State, National or International level such as World Championships
- Has raised the profile of the sport of BMX in Australia through media, sponsorship, promotion or endorsements, innovation or office
- Is held in high regard on a personal level, with attributes including character, leadership, sportsmanship and integrity.
- In the case of Rider category: Nominees are considered based on their results in the sport, and in the case of pioneers (pre-1981) riders are assessed on their impact and profile within the sport.
- A rider must have been retired from competition at the Elite Level for at least 2 years to be considered, but can still be an active rider in older age classes.
- An official/ coach/ administrator/volunteer must have demonstrated significant service to the sport of BMX. He or she may still be serving the sport or may be retired.
- Individuals will NOT be eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame if he/she has been subject to an official sanction by BMXA, ASADA or the UCI except at the discretion of the Advisory Board under clearly defined circumstances.
- Minor misdemeanors or offences will not bar selection unless the said misdemeanor, offence or conduct of that member is, in the judgment of the Advisory Board, of a nature which would be harmful to the reputation and standing of Australian BMX.
The Australian BMX Hall Of Fame is managed by the Australian BMX Museum. The Museum is the caretaker of the Hall Of Fame Exhibition currently in the planning stages with key stakeholders. The Australian BMX Museum will feature select displays of historical items from Hall Of Fame Inductees including:
- Multimedia - videos, images
Where required, replicas of important memorabilia will be created when originals no longer exist. An Official physical location for the Australian BMX Museum and Hall Of Fame is still under investigation. Until then, a mobile (pop-up) exhibition will feature each year at select events when opportunities arise.